Dragonz Clan

Author Topic: What's Good?  (Read 5451 times)

Offline M T Gagazet

• Gone Out, Be Back Later
  • Retired Senior Gladiator
  • Hi.
What's Good?
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:11:47 PM »
What's everyone up to? Who's still here? Long time no see. It's always nice to see that this place is still running, lots of old memories and whatnot. Looks like I missed my 11 year anniversary by a little bit.

:mtg:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:13:31 PM by M T Gagazet »
Official Member Since- August 05, 2005, 08:14PM

Offline aka_bigdog09

• Robin was here <3
  • Leader
Re: What's Good?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:13:05 PM »
Holy crap?! What's up MT? Good to see you. You should hang around more often.

We have more people in game than we do on the site. Right now we only have a handful of active members on the forums compared to the 50-60+ you're used to.

Offline Alex

• Leader
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:26:01 PM »
yeah forums are quiet, get in game and more peoplez! :D

good to see older names around though!!

Offline 316mage620

• Forum Lurker
  • Leader
  • Mr. 35
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:57:06 AM »
Dang, a throwback! How's it going MT? I don't think we overlapped while you were still playing, but I've seen you post on the forums a few times a few years back :tongue:
99 Fletching achieved on November 2, 2008
99 Cooking achieved on May 13, 2009
99 Smithing achieved on July 19, 2009
99 Magic achieved on March 04,2011
99 Attack achieved on June 30, 2011
99 Crafting achieved on September 15, 2011
99 Firemaking achieved on December 1, 2011
99 Strength achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Woodcutting achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Constitution achieved on November 11, 2012
99 Prayer achieved on December 2, 2012
99 Summoning achieved on May 19, 2013
99 Defence achieved on June 6, 2013
99 Farming achieved on January 15, 2014

Offline M T Gagazet

• Hi.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:35:02 AM »
Hmm everyone has a much higher post count than I do now. Honestly unacceptable.

Holy crap?! What's up MT? Good to see you. You should hang around more often.

We have more people in game than we do on the site. Right now we only have a handful of active members on the forums compared to the 50-60+ you're used to.

My boy! How are things?
I noticed the old FC is dead, is there a new one, or do you guys just use a clan chat now?
I've been playing again recently, it's always been off and on for me, mostly off (usually play 1-2 months a year now).
Do you still play actively?
I think I've mentioned this years ago but I made a pure back in 2010 when I started playing again, it quickly surpassed my previous accounts' stats (which were never that high given that I had only played RS when it wasn't all about efficiency, no exp waste, and skillcapes and all that) so it's my main now (and hasn't been a pure/pk account for years).
I started playing again about a month ago (and a bit back in march). Sticking to it for now.
I scrounged up my savings to buy new gear (ascensions, anima core gear, amulet of souls, corruption blast, onslaught), farmed rax for ~ 2 weeks to grind out a stick, with some minor flipping on the side, brought my cash stack back up to ~200m and now I've gotten lazy and resorted to full time bank standing and merchanting/flipping, somehow managed to get my cash stack up to ~500m in the last 9 days or so, so I guess that's my full time RS job now since I'm apparently not too bad at it.

I think I'm about to begin my empire and make 1 or 2 P2P alts (with bonds ofc) to get 18 more GE slots to flip with (and get around limits) given that trading between alts is officially allowed now.

I'd like to have 1B cash by the end of august, 500m in 13 days sounds doable if I pulled off 300m in 9, especially now that I have more money to work with. The market does change though and I've gotten rather lucky. It's a shame I feel I missed out on investing on double xp materials, oh well.

That's my RS lifestory atm, thanks for reading!

Dang, a throwback! How's it going MT? I don't think we overlapped while you were still playing, but I've seen you post on the forums a few times a few years back :tongue:

Yeah, I recognize your name though from lurking and the few times I hung around. Going well, how about you?

yeah forums are quiet, get in game and more peoplez! :D

good to see older names around though!!

Hi!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:36:59 AM by M T Gagazet »

Offline aka_bigdog09

• Robin was here <3
  • Leader
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
Wow, I'd say you've had a pretty successful RS run here recently. 500m is quite a large stack of cash, even with the current inflation. I picked the game back up in March and have been working towards a quest cape and I'm just a handful of quests away right now.

We do have a clan chat, so add 316mage620(Kyler), Kaldra(Alex), Kyler(Kyler2), and myself and we'll invite you in. We'd be happy to pull you out of retirement. Since you're no longer using MT, I'm assuming that you're using Helghastzero... if so then I'll make sure that he's added.

There are actually a couple of players still around from back in your day:
Blake - Stupid Sky
Robin - Anzulan now, but it used to be QKZ.
Tim - Perrin now, but used to be Perrin2222.

Adding any of them in game can get you into Clan chat as well. I'll be sure to hit you up when I see you in game.

Offline M T Gagazet

• Hi.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »
I really wish I had a quest cape but man I just can't bring myself to do quests. So many good rewards I'm missing out on too... I don't even have RFD done to get dom tower gloves. I'm surprised with myself that I did all the work to get into prif (definitely worth it).

Definitely proud of my cash stack atm, the problem though is that I don't want to part with any of my gold, especially since I can use that gold for bigger flips to make more money, whereas spending it would hurt my earning potential. Plus I really can't justify spending 250m on a scythe, not to mention the insane costs for the best perks for 3 sets of armor and weapons (1 of each style) and the increased degrade costs with augmented gear, or the insane costs of things like t90 boots and gloves for marginal stat increases.

Idk, I'll cave and shell out for it all eventually, but I'd rather watch my cash stack grow in the mean time... I'd also like to get my hands on a party hat someday, always wanted one, plus it's just a safe investment compared to everything else since they tend to beat inflation. Until I get one I can't really forgive myself for giving up that white party hat ~11 years ago, sigh...

I gave Helghastzero (surprised you remembered it!) back to my brother when I got M T unbanned years ago, it's also no longer named Helghastzero, not that he plays anymore anyway, but all that's besides the point! My current RSN/acc is GeneralTalos (my former pure). I do still log on to M T occasionally though, and I made sure to get it to 99 magic back in 2011 as a tribute to the old days :)

Is Kaldra's RSN a reference to Kaldra from Magic: The Gathering? I used to love that artifact set back in the day when I used to play. I think I still have the pre-release promotional versions.

Good to see some other old members are still around :)

Offline aka_bigdog09

• Robin was here <3
  • Leader
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
This is the main reason why I remember it

I'll add MT and you're new main instead. You have a pretty big understanding for the game, you're way ahead of the curve compared to others that have returned after a long absence.

I've never been much of a quester either, but I found a quest guide that tells you the exact order to complete the quests in a way that minimizes the need to train skills as well as a youtube series called imsikovit and it makes questing so much easier because he includes shortcuts to skip parts of the quest that isn't needed. I went from just over 100 quest points to well over 300. You could knock them all out in a month or two if you really tried. I ironically have done RFD and haven't completed the quests to access Prif. I also got my first 99 in almost 15 years this last march.

Glad to hear that you're taking RS serious again instead of being threatened by EoC and running away like most do.

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 08:14:07 PM »
Hey hey hey!  I'm not super active in game, but I pop on occasionally these days because I have a debt to pay xD  Good to see you back around!

Offline 316mage620

• Forum Lurker
  • Leader
  • Mr. 35
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 03:17:35 AM »
Dang, you made 3x in 10 days what I've managed to save up in 11 years lol.

Life is good, living in Hawaii so can't complain lol. Glad to see you'll be joining us in game! My hours are odd given the time difference. I play after the kids are in bed, so like 9PM my time, 3AM EST lol
99 Fletching achieved on November 2, 2008
99 Cooking achieved on May 13, 2009
99 Smithing achieved on July 19, 2009
99 Magic achieved on March 04,2011
99 Attack achieved on June 30, 2011
99 Crafting achieved on September 15, 2011
99 Firemaking achieved on December 1, 2011
99 Strength achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Woodcutting achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Constitution achieved on November 11, 2012
99 Prayer achieved on December 2, 2012
99 Summoning achieved on May 19, 2013
99 Defence achieved on June 6, 2013
99 Farming achieved on January 15, 2014

Offline Alex

• Leader
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:32:45 PM »
Yes kaldra is from magic the gathering. Also one of my favourite artifact sets. also i got onto the party hat ladder recently not where i want they but a solid investment