Dragonz Clan

Author Topic: Greetings from the Cabbage Newb.  (Read 16419 times)

Offline Jenn

• National Interactions Technician
  • Forum Admin
Greetings from the Cabbage Newb.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
Hey Cody, I have some...... cabbage for ya....

Good to hear you're doing well with the wife, house and life in general.  I miss chatting with you!  I promise, no cabbage if you come by to chat.  Well, except if that Kyle guy starts throwing it around.. there's no controlling him.

Good to hear from you again.  I hope you keep checking up on us and letting us know how you're doing.  :wub:

~Jenn
If you want someone to feel like you care about them, make them a priority, not an afterthought.

Offline Icefox

• Cabbage 4 Lyfe
  • Special Guest
  • Signature Designer
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
Woops, phased out for a bit since i'm working on a pretty hard IT certificate at the moment.

Kyle: Wedding was beyond amazing and everything i could have hoped for. Friends, family, fun times, and of course the wife :D (I will make no such change to the banner >_>)

Jenn: Ahah, i don't know if i Dare go back to the chat if you or Robin around... That's how you fooled me last time!!

So i heard something about Old School Runescape, can anyone fill me in on what this is about? :O

Bros for life, Josh, Adam, David, Mike, Allen, Jake, Kyle, Anton, DW 2 and DW 1 you guys are awesome :).

Offline aka_bigdog09

• Robin was here <3
  • Leader
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »
There is an Old School version that fits about the 2007 time frame. So if you feel like reminiscing the golden years of RS then give it a go.

What kind of IT certificate are you working on?

Offline Icefox

• Cabbage 4 Lyfe
  • Special Guest
  • Signature Designer
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 10:01:53 PM »
There is an Old School version that fits about the 2007 time frame. So if you feel like reminiscing the golden years of RS then give it a go.

What kind of IT certificate are you working on?

Ah so thats just after RSC then huh?

Working on my MSCA: server 2012 right now.

Bros for life, Josh, Adam, David, Mike, Allen, Jake, Kyle, Anton, DW 2 and DW 1 you guys are awesome :).

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
They also just brought back regular combat for the people that rather it!  Dude get it.  I don't really know anything about running servers yet =S

Offline Icefox

• Cabbage 4 Lyfe
  • Special Guest
  • Signature Designer
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
They also just brought back regular combat for the people that rather it!  Dude get it.  I don't really know anything about running servers yet =S

Regular combat? Has it changed since back then?

You'll get there, i recommend installing a VM (esxi, and if you want experience technet has free 180 day trials you can download to install on it and try out!).

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2014, 02:29:24 AM »
Yeah, they added combat abilities and regular mmo stuff like that.  I actually have a networking class this year that I hope to learn a lot of that in!

Offline aka_bigdog09

• Robin was here <3
  • Leader
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Heh I'm actually in the process of getting VMware certified. Our company uses linux hosts running ESXi and spin up virtual servers/workstations.

I would actually love to work on the MCSA: S2012 certificate soon. Good luck! How has your experience been with achieving it so far?

Offline Icefox

• Cabbage 4 Lyfe
  • Special Guest
  • Signature Designer
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
Yeah, they added combat abilities and regular mmo stuff like that.  I actually have a networking class this year that I hope to learn a lot of that in!

Holy smokes :O Sounds like things are definitely different from the days i played! You might look into A+ and Network + certs, definitely a good one to get you started and that'll basically give you the knowledge of like 1 year of your major in a 4 year college :D

Offline Icefox

• Cabbage 4 Lyfe
  • Special Guest
  • Signature Designer
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
Heh I'm actually in the process of getting VMware certified. Our company uses linux hosts running ESXi and spin up virtual servers/workstations.

I would actually love to work on the MCSA: S2012 certificate soon. Good luck! How has your experience been with achieving it so far?

Well it keeps getting delayed, i'm working on literaly just setting up a server with ESXi and in between 2 building moves that takes precedence at the moment for my time at work. At home, i'm busy with housework since it's summer :/