Dragonz Clan

Author Topic: How's everyone doing?  (Read 7350 times)

Offline Nova Bros

• Founder
How's everyone doing?
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Everyone enjoying their summer? How many of you have now graduated/married/had kids/etc? Seems like every time I check back in, someone I remember as a gradeschooler is now in university or married or something.

I try to check in here from time to time and less frequently in game - looks like activity is a bit low. What gives? Are clans almost irrelevant in the game and PVM groups more popular? I'd love to get back into this game - but I feel like the EoC update just killed it for me. Maybe RS3 will suck me back into the game? Maybe I need you guys to give me some reasons to play or some fun updates that are worth checking out. I still have all my stuff, rares included - so starting back up wouldn't be an issue. It's just the combat updates holding me back, really.

Anyways, hope everyone is well. Keep in touch guys.

Offline 316mage620

• Forum Lurker
  • Leader
  • Mr. 35
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »
Heya Kyle, long time no see.  How have you been? EOC really didn't have that big of an impact for me. Unless I'm bossing, I use the Momentum ability, which keeps you from having to use any other abilities.   Divination is about to come out, too. That's some motivation :tongue:

:kyler:
99 Fletching achieved on November 2, 2008
99 Cooking achieved on May 13, 2009
99 Smithing achieved on July 19, 2009
99 Magic achieved on March 04,2011
99 Attack achieved on June 30, 2011
99 Crafting achieved on September 15, 2011
99 Firemaking achieved on December 1, 2011
99 Strength achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Woodcutting achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Constitution achieved on November 11, 2012
99 Prayer achieved on December 2, 2012
99 Summoning achieved on May 19, 2013
99 Defence achieved on June 6, 2013
99 Farming achieved on January 15, 2014

Offline air_jordan99

• Senior Tactics Manager
  • Leader
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:36:45 PM »
Hey Kyle,
  Doing good  here, I havent done a whole lot of combat since EOC  only done maybe 2 weeks worth of my play time fighting stuff. I spend most RS time skilling now the new update might get me back into fighting again. The range area update got me to range for a week lol.

:mike:

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
Hiya!  I don't have internet now and don't have time to play when I'm at school so I don't play much anymore.  I'm going into my 3rd year of Computer Engineering this next year!  I'm doing pretty well and still really enjoying it.  How have you been?

Offline Fireball147

• when i saw scape's new combat system
  • Retired Senior Gladiator
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:56:58 AM »
Gradeschooler reporting in, now entering junior year in university studying physics and computer science.  A lot has happened haha, but it's great to see you're still checking in here.   I don't play much anymore, although there was a point in time after you left that I was quite active as a member (I think I was only f2p for when you were still active).  College became a time sink, and I moved on for good after the evolution of combat came around.  I'd like to get back into 2007scape but I just don't wanna have to pay lol, back to square 1.  How's your life been going?  I always wonder if we'll check back in like this 10 years down the line.
After three and a half long, long years... finally.

Offline Phobia

How's everyone doing?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
I see no reason in coming back, but it will pull me in eventually. I miss you nova bros.  :wub: Have been talking to Doom of Gods about you.

Offline thebigcheez

• Professional Noob
  • Gladiator
  • Reheheheheheally?
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 01:17:32 AM »
I love you Kyle!

I'll always remember calling you on New Year's Eve when Allen jacked the bank haha.
:cheez:
First to 99 crafting while in Dragz
577th person to 99 crafting - Once ranked as high as 56th in crafting
Former Dragz Co-Leader
Summer Crew '07

You can contact me on Discord: Oog#8008

oh you know the usual allen jacked the clan bank

Offline Nova Bros

• Founder
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »
Ahaha I remember that! Oh the humanity.

It seems like a lot of people who were on the verge of no longer playing got pushed over the edge by EoC. That was certainly the case for me.  Plus - the longer you're away from the game, the harder it is to get back into playing. Too many new updates and more efficient ways of doing things. Its like going underground during the social media boom and just surfacing now.

Despite this, its fun to log in and look at my bank and realize how I could immediately get back on the horse, but I just wouldn't know where to start. I'd jump back into a goal like maxing my melee stats; but I end up killing a handful of monsters and asking myself "what's the point?".

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
Me too... but I turned 21 yesterday!  =D

Offline air_jordan99

• Senior Tactics Manager
  • Leader
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 07:32:58 PM »
With RS 3 which I have found interesting so far things are a little bit easier to get into.  I personally am still plugging away at my skills working towards being maxed.

:mike:

Offline Snout

• King
How's everyone doing?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:14 AM »
I'll be 19 a week today ... probably the most interesting thing in my life at the minute   :veryhappy: