Dragonz Clan

Author Topic: Tip.it/Runehead Hacked  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Julia

Tip.it/Runehead Hacked
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »
In case you guys didn't hear, Tip.it and Runehead have been hacked.  I wouldn't recommend going to those websites, but if you happen to use the same password across multiple sites, people are recommending changing them, especially for Runescape related accounts.  Just thought I'd stop by and mention it, hopefully no one has been affected and I hope everyone is doing well. 

Just saw this announced on IRC through RuneScript and I know in the past that most people from Dragonz don't use IRC.

Offline Jenn

• National Interactions Technician
  • Forum Admin
Tip.it/Runehead Hacked
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »
[16:31] <%[VV]RuneScript> *** [ GLOBAL ]: Tip.it was hacked and defaced. If you want to visit the site, please do so with JavaScript disabled. The RuneScript commands !alch, !item and !drops, along with derived commands !alchloss, !istats, !cdrops etc. will not work until Tip.it is back.

[17:15] <%[VV]RuneScript> *** [ GLOBAL ]: Clarifying on the previous global, Tip.it's database of forum accounts was downloaded, so if you are using the same password on other sites as you are/were on Tip.it, you should be changing it right now.

Thought this was important enough to let everyone know in case you happen to have a tip it account.

[18:25] <%[VV]RuneScript> *** [ GLOBAL ]: RuneHead is down. The RuneScript command !clan command and derived commands like !ml will not work until it's back.
[18:27] <%[VV]RuneScript> *** [ GLOBAL ]: Edit: RuneHead has been hacked in the same manner as Tip.it. Usual security precautions are advised again.

Runehead has the same issue.

Posted in Nest News but thank you for the warning.
If you want someone to feel like you care about them, make them a priority, not an afterthought.