Dragonz Clan

Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Julia

Hey everyone
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:53:35 AM »
So, it's been awhile since I've stopped by and said hi to everyone.  For those who were around when I was, I'm Julia/Jky2002/person who took things way too seriously, now known as Arlith in the game.  If you don't know me, hi!

How's everyone doing nowadays?  I haven't been playing RuneScape at all and generally keep my friend's list fairly empty.  Even if I didn't, I wouldn't recognize many names with all of the name switching that has gone on for awhile now.  :tongue:  I'm basically entirely retired, but still get on to do kingdom since I apparently like throwing $5-6 away a month so I can make pixel money.  :veryhappy:

I'm doing well, just focused on school (psych major/pre-pharmacy), work (hospital pharmacy tech!) and family.

:julia:  (Wow!  That still works...)

Offline Nyappyrachi

• Inactive Member
Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 12:58:14 AM »
Hello I'm Rach! ^_^
"apparently like throwing $5-6 away a month so I can make pixel money" Hehe that made me laugh :D

Congrats on your school stuff!

Offline Julia

Hey everyone
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 01:02:48 AM »
Hello, Rach.  :smirk:  Yeah, I also had Netflix and kept a DVD for almost a year before sending it back (which I never actually watched).  I ended up finally sending it back before the upcharge and then canceled the streaming after the CEO's "apology".  I'm wonderful at throwing money away.  If only I could spin that into a career...

Offline Nyappyrachi

• Inactive Member
Hey everyone
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:11:44 AM »
I kept a DVD for over a year from the video store and now I can never go back because the late fee would be so much money o.o

Haha nice work, it'd be wonderful if that could be a career xD But how would you make money.. hmm..

Offline Julia

Hey everyone
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
I could have easily bought the movie with the amount I wasted...I watched only a bit of it and then got disinterested.  Ah well, life goes on.  :veryhappy:

My brother seems to do very well with the whole no-work, no-school thing.  Very stereotypical, lives in our parents' basement, type of dude, heh.

Offline Kyler

• Head of In Game Recruitment
  • Leader
  • "Insanity at its Finest."
Hey everyone
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
Hey Julia, I think you were before my time but I'm Kyler. Nice to meet you :)

:kyler2:
If you have any questions about anything pm me in game 'Kyler' or message me on the forums by clicking HERE.
My Road to Final Boss
4th Dragz member to get Max Cape
3rd Dragz member to 120 Dung
2nd Dragz member to get Completionist Cape
1st Dragz member to get a Trimmed Completionist Cape

Offline Pope Smotage

• Gladiator
Hey everyone
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 04:36:04 PM »
Hey! I think you buggered out about the time I started poppin' around. Glad to hear you're on track and doing well (:

Offline ros1200

• Self Proclaimed Coolest Person in the Clan
  • Senior Gladiator
Hey everyone
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
Julia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wub:

How's the pharmacy been? And I've quit Runescape too, except I canceled my membership.

And where did the name Arlith come from? I think I asked you in game once....

Offline 316mage620

• Forum Lurker
  • Leader
  • Mr. 35
Hey everyone
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 04:41:33 PM »
Long time no see Julia. Glad to see everything is going good :veryhappy:

:kyler:
99 Fletching achieved on November 2, 2008
99 Cooking achieved on May 13, 2009
99 Smithing achieved on July 19, 2009
99 Magic achieved on March 04,2011
99 Attack achieved on June 30, 2011
99 Crafting achieved on September 15, 2011
99 Firemaking achieved on December 1, 2011
99 Strength achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Woodcutting achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Constitution achieved on November 11, 2012
99 Prayer achieved on December 2, 2012
99 Summoning achieved on May 19, 2013
99 Defence achieved on June 6, 2013
99 Farming achieved on January 15, 2014

Offline Julia

Hey everyone
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
Nice to meet you, Kyler #2.  :tongue:  Yeah, I don't believe I remember a second one around here, not the most common of names.

Pope, your name is slightly familiar, so that sounds about right.  :smile:

Hey, Adam!  Pharmacy is good.  I'm actually working at two hospitals.  One is a large, 1000 bed hospital that is also a trauma center, so I learn all sorts of things, especially when I work in the critical care area.  I absolutely love working in that area because you learn about so many different things and it's amazing what we can do to help them.  Sadly, there's numerous drug shortages and recalls going on in the country at the moment and it's difficult to get some life saving drugs in.  The FDA is working towards fixing those problems, but it's kind of their fault in the first place.  They made regulations more stringent, so it wasn't worth the time and money for some companies to make certain drugs, plus if one thing is wrong, that sets the drug production back months.  The other hospital I work at has some problems from the drug shortages, but it doesn't affect them nearly as much because they're a 100 bed hospital (which is the size of our emergency department at the first hospital!).  I enjoy working there because you have more one-on-one time with the pharmacists you work with and you're responsible for knowing how to do so much more.  The staff they have in one 24 hour period equals the staff we have on our smallest shift (four technicians and three pharmacists).  I primarily work at the larger hospital, which is kinda obvious, I guess. :smile:

For the second question, Arlith was originally from a book series I read.  I didn't remember the name correctly, although the name Arith is one of them, I believe, so it's almost my own creation.  It still follows the theme the author created for naming dragons in her books (-th is at the end of all of the names).  It's ironic because I came up with that name long before knowing about this clan and used it for Xbox Live (no longer have access to that account, though).

Kyler #1, you're probably one of the last people I talked to.  How's military life going?  I actually thought of you a few months back because my cousin joined the Air Force and it was kind of nice knowing about the process before he went into it. :smile:

Offline 316mage620

• Forum Lurker
  • Leader
  • Mr. 35
Hey everyone
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »
Army is going well, it's nice being at a real unit and not just in training anymore lol, even if my job is 12 hour shifts, 24-7-365 operations >.< :tongue:

That's awesome, I actually talk to the Air Force most days I work, we work semi close with their satellite guys.

The military is what you make it, I sign up for everything lol. Just finished Air Assault last month, and combatives level 2 the month before, keeps things interesting.

Glad everything is going well for you :veryhappy:

:kyler:
99 Fletching achieved on November 2, 2008
99 Cooking achieved on May 13, 2009
99 Smithing achieved on July 19, 2009
99 Magic achieved on March 04,2011
99 Attack achieved on June 30, 2011
99 Crafting achieved on September 15, 2011
99 Firemaking achieved on December 1, 2011
99 Strength achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Woodcutting achieved on September 29, 2012
99 Constitution achieved on November 11, 2012
99 Prayer achieved on December 2, 2012
99 Summoning achieved on May 19, 2013
99 Defence achieved on June 6, 2013
99 Farming achieved on January 15, 2014

Offline Mona

• The Dragonz Lady
  • Sage
Hey everyone
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 01:01:57 AM »
Hello, Julia.  Just got back from a road trip, was gonna spend 2 days but thinking of another night on that futon at my aunts made me cry lol.

:mona:
Kyle Was Hurr <3

Always a Dragon at Heart....Keep the flame alive guys!

Offline James

• Retired Council Elder
  • Its been a fun journey.
Hey everyone
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 05:29:10 AM »
Hey Julia, nice to see you :). 

:roar:
I've had a great time and enjoyed myself these past 5 years.

Thanks for the memories.

Offline kevin graden

• Teh Panda
  • Gladiator
  • :kevin:
Hey everyone
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
Jules!!! I misseded you =p glad to see your still alive and kicking =D
:kevin:

Offline Depster

• Da Bess You Ever Had
  • Senior Gladiator